* Did I sign all of the papers for school – times 5? Why do I have to do this for each kid – why can’t they have it all online?
*What time was I supposed to listen for that contest?
* Does everyone have a lunch?
* I need to schedule doctors’ appointments. Three years is probably a bit long to go between “yearly” visits. And one kid needs two more fillings, and is it time to call the orthodontist?
* What is that odd smell in that kid’s room?
* Why is it so hard to work in even 1/2 hour of exercise?
* Sugar–why do I need you so much? Why can’t I give you up?
* Does everyone have PE Clothes?
* I hate calling businesses and begging for free stuff. I’d much rather send an email or a letter, but sometimes they don’t respond unless you actually call them. And I’m a chicken, and I don’t want to call them.
* The toilets need cleaning. So do the showers.
* And the floors.
* Are there really people out there who manage family scripture study together every day? I would like to meet them .
* I need to fold the laundry. Do dishes. Cook. What are we going to have for dinner?
* Things actually do seem better when I do my hair and have makeup on.
* I need more volunteers for the Hawk Walk.
* I need to have a training for my volunteer time in the classroom?
* Insurance quotes. Try insuring a 16 year old boy. He doesn’t even drive. He doesn’t have a car, but he still needs insurance. Need I say more?
* And why am I so excited to go to the grocery store for a stock up run? I must be mental.
* What is wrong with this stupid printer? Must it jam every single time I use it?
* Jillian Michaels. Does she not know that jumping jacks reveal my weakened bladder control?
* I must be losing my mind. Who knew that switching from playing F and G to playing E and F on handbells would be so difficult? It’s a test of my hand/eye coordination, and telling my brain to be flexible.
* I really just want to sit and read MockingJay. Only I should have reread the second book because I don’t remember half of these characters.
* I need a haircut.
* Fundraisers? Classroom volunteer? Me? Yup.
* A stone hit my windshield a few weeks ago. Then I went through the car wash. I’m now the proud parent of a big old crack. AND a chip.
* Homework can be completely and utterly brutal. I don’t know if I can do 39 more weeks of this. All five kids talking to me at once, everyone needed a piece of me and there just wasn’t enough of me to go around. And then there’s the new powerschool. Could they really be missing assignments?
* Today is piano lesson day. Do not forget to send a check. Again.
*I promised them birthday parties. I’d better get on that.
* Peaches. Mom, would you like to come over and bottle my peaches for me?