I haven’t been posting much this weekend because I
a- haven’t had anything clever to say, and
b- I might get paint on my keyboard.
Yes, we are in the midst of a large painting project here, and it’s lasted over a week, and I’m getting sick of it.
It started with a simple gallon of pretty green paint. A friend actually gave me this gallon of paint, when it was left over from her painting project. It’s been sitting in my laundry room for quite a while. I decided to use it to paint the girls’ room. I did a lot of taping, and initially had quite a bit of help with the painting.
I left these areas blank, and then I’m going to paint in “frames” to house their ever changing artwork.
The problem with the room, however, is that it looks like this.
I had to kick Natalie and Jenna out of their room, and I just piled all their stuff on their bed, which I moved to the center of the room. So anywhere you go to paint, there’s stuff all stuck in the middle of the room. They weren’t too excited to move out of their room, and NEITHER was Megan, their host. So, now I’ve got all three girls sharing one queen bed, which really is big enough, but they tend to have a problem going to sleep.
But it was cute when I walked in there and found them all three reading.
It was like a sleepover reading party!
So, today, after another trip to Home Depot, I’m working on the big pink flowers. I’ve got the base color in and now I’m too tired to do the secondary color. It will have to wait. Because I need a shower. I also need to figure out what we’ll do for John’s birthday party, which is tomorrow. I planned an outdoor splash and play in the water party, but with the forecast calling for a 67 degree high, I think we’ll have to rethink that one.